Preschool Assistant Teacher needed:
The Schoolhouse Learning Center seeks an Assistant Preschool Teacher for both preschool classrooms in our nature and play-based preschool program. Candidates should enjoy spending a lot of time outdoors in all weather, hiking, exploring, and teaching children about the natural world, as well as supporting a social-justice focused preschool curriculum. This is a wonderful position for a high school graduate looking for a meaningful gap year position, a recent college graduate interested in a career in education with an emphasis on nature, play, and social justice, or anyone exploring an interest in teaching/education. Learn from a fantastic team of experienced teachers, in a progressive school with a long track record of success.
This position is full-year, 35 to 40 hours a week, starting June 20th.
- Some experience working with young children is preferred, we will train the right candidate.
- BA in education or in a science/nature related field preferred. High School diploma required.
- Teachers must attend 15 hours of professional development training in early childhood education each year, and obtain certification in First Aid/CPR.
- Pay is $16-17/hour based on experience, with a $500 hiring bonus,
- Generous paid time off,
- Retirement plan with employer contribution,
- Long Term Disability,
- Life Insurance,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Telehealth and access to additional benefits like dental and vision insurance,
- Access to subsidized college training programs in early childhood education
About the School:
The Schoolhouse Learning Center is an approved independent school (K-8th grade) and licensed child care center that has provided quality programs for almost 50 years. Schoolhouse programs nurture each child’s innate curiosity and encourage independence of mind and resourcefulness. Families are a vital part of our community and are invited to be actively involved in our programs at all levels.