The Schoolhouse in South Burlington is hiring
- Substitute teachers (Prek-8th grade) for our year round programs. Substitutes are needed at all age levels—preschool, elementary school, middle school and afterschool.
We are looking for dedicated candidates who have enjoy working with children of various ages. Schoolhouse values student choice, open-ended play, a connection to nature, and positive support for students and seeks to provide a school environment dedicated to anti-bias and social justice practices.
Flexibility, levelheadedness, and a sense of humor are important in this role. Excellent communication skills a must. Training will be provided. Immediate openings.
Substitute Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Following all procedures and policies of The Schoolhouse
- Coordinating with teaching staff you are working with
- Overseeing the program rhythms and activities.
- Adhering to the lessons and expectations articulated by the supervisor or teacher.
- Ensuring student safety and well-being at all times,
- Ensuring indoor and outdoor spaces are kept clean and orderly.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of reference to apply. Also please indicate which role(s) you would like to fill
Background check and fingerprinting is required. Proof of a high school diploma or higher education required. Reliable transportation is a must, as the Schoolhouse is not on a public transportation line. Pay is $15 per hour to start.
Find out more about The Schoolhouse at www.theschoolhousevt.org.